Monday, November 12, 2012

Well, Duh Cat!

Hi!

I know, I'm sorry.  I bailed again.  But I have good news.

You know how un-fabulous my results have been over the last few months.  I have gained, lost, gained, lost, and gained some more.  I have grumbled and tried new things, just to get frustrated and quit.  I finally got some help to figure out why.

I have mentioned a few times here that Jesus Christ is my personal savior, but that I don't go to church as often as I should.  What I meant to say was I never went to church.  I prayed occasionally, but had basically left God on a shelf, only to be used when I wasn't able to control my life the way I wanted it.

Bad idea.

Several weeks ago God punched me in the face.  Thankfully He didn't use a tragedy to do it.  He did it lovingly, but I understood it to carry with it a promise of punishment if I didn't fall in line.  I was blessed so much that day, and every day since.  He has opened my eyes and heart to things I didn't even realize were out of place.  He is making me practice letting go of control and accepting His blessings, which is awesome. Just sayin.

So where am I going with this, you may ask? Well, it occurred to me last week where I went wrong in my weight loss journey.  Several months ago I stopped being thankful for every little accomplishment and every pound lost.  I started making it about my accomplishments instead of recognizing each accomplishment as a gift, which was my attitude in the beginning.  Ya know, back when the weight was falling off. I realized that I stopped giving Him the glory for the changes in me and made it about me.  I should be asking Him for strength and guidance and praising Him for every result, good or bad.

You should have seen my face when this hit me. I had to call my husband and share, and then a friend or two.  I couldn't stop repeating, "No WONder I've been having so much trouble!"  I love the wake up calls from my Heavenly Father.  They are such an amazing feeling! 

Something else occurred to me on Friday. I was already showing signs of loose skin before my plateau.  Over the last few months, that skin is catching up with me and slowly tightening up.  I still have some, but it's not as pronounced as it was. I think now that He slowed me down to teach me a lesson in gratitude, but also to help me prevent a problem, or lessen it for the future.  Wow.  WOW. 

So let's recap:  I've been a bonehead, God sent a wake up call, and now I feel fantastic.  A weight has been lifted off of my shoulders and I know without a shadow of a doubt that God will lead me to my goal, as long as I keep my eyes on Him and not on the mirror.  I am praying to Him every day, thanking him for every sweaty groan in a workout, every moment I am able to get up out of bed without help, because without Him, I would have an entirely different reality.  I haven't shown any progress in the scale yet, but I've worked out consistently this week for the first time in ages. He even sent an unlikely friend to be an accountability buddy for me as I get back on track. 

I understand that not everyone believes as I do, and if that applies to anyone that is reading this, I will pray for you. I almost didn't write this post because I didn't want to offend anyone.  However, I am not ashamed of my God, and I will not hide what He has done for me.  I pray that this message reaches you with the purpose God intended for it.

Have a blessed day my friends :)

I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. 
Phillipians 4:13






1 comment: