Thursday, March 20, 2014

Focusing In

Well, I got started.  Then I got sick.

It was awful.  I haven't been sick like that in yeeeeears.  In fact, I still have a scratchy voice that sometimes gives out on me.  If you know me personally, you know how hard that is on me.  Singing is my favorite thing, and I can't do it at all right now.  Ugh.

Anyway, this Monday I started working out again, and was awesome.  No coughing fits, even though my throat did get very dry through it, and I didn't modify.

I still don't completely believe it.  I really don't modify anymore. 

I do jumping jacks.  I run.  I jump rope.  I do switch kicks.

It's an interesting experience, to be honest.  The moves are completely different than what I'm used to, so I am still working on coordination.  I am still learning to land softly on my feet (dude, the bottoms of my feet were so sore yesterday!!)  And wow, is it a difference in power.  I can feel myself getting stronger every day!

Tomorrow I start a new program called the 21 Day Fix.  I have been waiting for this program for weeks, since when it was first released in February, it sold out in a couple of days.  Mine came in the week I was so sick, so it sat in a box for several days before I could look at it. 

This program is 21 days long, and it is designed to make the process as simple as possible.  The nutrition plan is super easy to follow.  I don't have to count calories.  I just measure my food out in the portion control containers that come with the program, and make sure I have the right number of each category through the day.  The workouts are 30 minutes a day, period.  I can't tell you how much that means to me!  I knew when I heard of this program that it was the exact thing I needed to get me back on track.  I like simple.

Hubby went grocery shopping today and filled our refrigerator with produce.  The man bought me beets.  I love beets.  Not only that, but there are produce bags I haven't even opened yet because I am overwhelmed by all the healthy noms in that fridge!  I am supposed to have 6 servings of veggies and 4 servings of fruits each day, so I am sure I can find my way through the mountain. There won't be any wasted, I am sure of it!

Pray for me!  :)


1 comment:

  1. So sorry you were sick - must have been miserable. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete